BOTOX® Cosmetic injections are most popularly known for reducing the appearance of wrinkles in certain areas of the face. Originally, BOTOX was developed by a team of ophthalmologists to treat various conditions of the eye. As it appeared, patients who were treated with BOTOX for eyelid spasms and muscular disorders that controlled eyelid movements and eye placement found that the injections diminished and softened the wrinkles around their eyes. As time progressed and further research was conducted, BOTOX was eventually approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for cosmetic purposes.
Reasons to Have an Ophthalmologist Administer BOTOX Injections
- BOTOX has been a part of ophthalmology practices for nearly three decades
- Ophthalmologists have extensive knowledge of the eyes and facial structures as well as facial skin
- Because ophthalmologists have extensive knowledge of the facial muscles, and how they work, they are better suited to administer BOTOX than many other health care professionals
- BOTOX can rejuvenate your look to make you look younger, friendlier and more awake
- The FDA approves BOTOX injections for treating areas most commonly prone to wrinkles: furrowed brows, crows feet, and smile lines
- BOTOX is considered safe, and provides dramatic results
- Treatments may last up to three months, however, routine maintenance injections are required to preserved results
- BOTOX injections can be administered at the same time as routine eye exams, which is a great time-saver for patients
- In addition to BOTOX, many opthalmologists offer Restylane® and JUVÉDERM® Injectable Gel which are both injectable fillers designed to treat targeted areas of the face to improve overall appearance
Interested in Trying BOTOX? Contact Dr. Julia Giyaur in Brooklyn and Rego Park.
For more information about BOTOX, and any of our treatments and services, contact Dr. Giyaur today to book your appointment. We are conveniently located in Brooklyn and Rego Park, and can be reached at 718-676-6464. We look forward to meeting you!